Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I got my hair cut!!

Ok so Mom and Dad Wilson came to visit us last weekend and we really enjoyed having them here! We went to the aquarium and saw a dolphin show which was really fun. We took them to the beach which they enjoyed and showed them NAS-CCAD (base) and of course they loved Suki. ;) She warmed up to them pretty fast and loved playing with Mom. They got here Thursday the 5th, Dad left Sunday because he had to get back to work, and Mom stayed until Wednesday. Mom showed me how to pick out squash and how to prepare it, and even helped me make a few things like a yummy casserole and a key lime pie. :D It was so good!!

While Mom was here she also gave me a hair cut! :) I hadn't had a hair cut since the beginning of December last year because I've been so scared to go to anyone. I hadn't realized it but Mom has been the only one to cut my hair besides two people. Amy was one of them and the other was a hair dresser of Amy's. One of the first things I told Mom to bring when we found out they were coming was her hair cutting stuff. I showed her a picture of how I wanted my hair to look and told her how long I wanted it. I told her I wanted it a little past my shoulders and while
saying that I was showing her a little bit below my shoulders. What I didn't know is that she didn't see my actions and she was thinking something else. About half way through I went to brush my hair out of my face and felt the length.

"Wow Mom, that feels really short." I said. I went to the bathroom mirror and sure enough it was pretty short. I told her to continue with what she was doing since there's no way to undo it now. The final product took about five to ten minutes to get used to but after I styled it I fell in love! I'm so happy with my hair now :D it feels light and wonderful and it's very very cute! Thank you Mommy!!!!

So here are some before and after pictures. Tell me what you think. :D

Before:
























After:















































I realize this one's a little blurry but it's a good shot of my hair.

4 comments:

Kira And James Morris said...

YOu look so cute!

Emily said...

I was expecting it to be above your shoulders. That's not short! But it's cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new cut!!! :)

Camila said...

Cute, Lindsey! You have succumbed! Every woman must cut her hair shorter either when she gets married or when she has a baby. You are now part of the club! :)