Wednesday, August 31, 2011

EXTRA EXTRA!! Read all about the Christensons!

All righty folks, I know that I'm not the most diligent person when it comes to keeping in touch with people who aren't right by me. So this is me apologizing and giving the much needed update. :)

Sooo first things first... apparently there are some of you out there who don't know that we now have two dogs. Her name is Mika (meeka) and she's a ginger!! Ahhh those red heads ;) we got her back in Jan about 3 weeks before we moved to Jacksonville. This one is not shy at all like Suki, she very much wants to know whats going on in the world. She's actually brought Suki out of her shell quite a bit. Now the common ritual for guest coming over is Mika barking like mad and Suki wagging her curly tail with her ears back trying to jump on whoever is coming through the door (as long as she knows who they are). Mika is the bigger one of the two and Suki is very jealous of that fact, in fact Suki's been jealous of her since day one ;) only child syndrome I suppose.

We have now been living in Florida since Feb and, drum roll................
We will be living here for the next three years at least! David will be going into 26th squad and he will be deploying in November sometime. He doesn't have his written orders yet so we don't know specific dates. He'll be finishing training this next month and then he'll have to go to Sear school and then off to deployment for six months.

Since we're going to be living here for the next three years we decided to buy a house!! :D we got a really great deal on this place. It's a brand new house; never been lived in before, about 2300 sq ft four bed three bath and three car garage. My kitchen is absolutely gorgeous!! I have two ovens on is convectional and I also have a convectional microwave and a ceramic stove top. :D It's a big open floor plan in the living room with lots of natural light!! We will be closing in the next 2-3 weeks with our interest rate for 30 months of 3.825!!! I think we did pretty good for our first house. ;)

Finally with that new house we traded in our chevy trailblazer for a new Kia Forte! Because we now live further away from base we decided that we really needed a fuel-efficient car. We get and average of 26 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway, and thats a pretty modest estimate we decided. From our own calculation we get about 28-29 in the city and 36-39 on highway. Also because we are with USAA we got a pretty low interest rate for the car as well so we'll only be paying about $330 a month.

Wow... ok so thats all I've got for now. I have to go pack my house up to move and I will be posting a video tour once everything is in and looking beautiful. :)

Side note, we have a Queen bed in our guest bedroom so if anyone wanted to come a visit me and the pups while Davids gone and I'm all on my lonesome.... I'm just sayin... ;)

If anyone wants more updates just give me a call :) I'm always happy to talk! 580-231-2497

Love you all!

PS we are currently fostering a sweet little kitten who needs a good home, let me know if your interested. :)














































10 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like things are going well! Good for you guys.:) I'd love to come visit you! I'll have to see what I can do.:) Oh and I've heard that video tour thing before;) I'll be waiting.

Camila said...

I was so happy when Mike told me about the house! It's a great feeling to have your own place. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it Lids! Hey, with all the room you guys have now, we'll definitely have to come visit. We've been talking about taking the girls to Disneyland next year... maybe we'll have to go to Florida instead of CA, huh?

Deanna said...

Congrats Linds! Really exciting stuff getting a house & sounds like you did good! :) Call me sometime soon so we can catch up. :) (I like talking on the phone OG style)

Deanna said...

That was Deanna (unknown...couldn't remember my password from the other profile I put up. :/)

Mike said...

Congrats on the house Lindsey and congrats to David for all the success he is having. I am super proud of you guys!

Wes said...

You know you love the redheadsコラ!

That's some wonderful wonderful news, though. So glad to see such a happy development for you guys ^_^

Kira And James Morris said...

WOW ! Exciting

Amy Ruth Wilson said...

LOL, I love how Suki is like sitting on top of Mika in that photo.

Congratulations guys :)

Love you,
Amy

Winnow D. Asael said...

Wow! Big house! We don't have any that size for less than 2 million in my town:( Congratulations to you guys! Good luck with the moving and good to know you'll be located in the same place for the next little while. Keep blogging!

Errin and Stephanie Dalton said...

So excited for you! It is so fun having a place to call your own. I can see a girls weekend where I steal Emily away from her kids and come visit...